FOOD & TRAVEL WRITING:
- Going Out Guide contributor at The Washington Post
- Food writer for Eater
- Columnist at the Washington City Paper, a local alt-weekly newspaper
- Food writer at Capitol File, a DC luxury magazine
- Cocktail columnist and features writer for Edible DC, a local food magazine
- Global travel writer at Thrillist
- “Travel Deals” Columnist at DC Refined
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
Atlantic57 (The Atlantic)
Editorial Project Manager
Managed client accounts, working with a cross-functional team of product, strategy, and editorial teams. Project work included:
- Partnership for Freedom: A national public-private campaign to address human trafficking in local cities and states. The effort was announced by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry. Completed storytelling project is here.
- The American Geophysical Union: The launch of an event series that brings together science and policy leaders annually. GeoPolicy Connect 2016 was hosted at Colorado State University and featured Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper and Gov. Bill Ritter. I was the lead organizer of the event.
- The Atlantic Philanthropies: The development of data stories and snapshots that tell the rich history of a limited-life foundation, which gave away more than $7.5 billion to global causes.
Government Executive Media Group (Atlantic Media)
I managed a team of producers who built digital content that is both engaging and creative. The Government Executive Custom Strategies team worked on a variety of products and programs, including native content, e-books, newsletters, and social media campaigns.
Editorial Projects in Education (Education Week)
- Oversaw production for Education Week’s publishing arm, Education Week Press, as well as digital operations for the Education Week SPOTLIGHT series, a paid content publication.
- Managed and launched Education Week’s e-book product line, a new collection of e-books available on the iPad, Kindle and Nook and featuring content for teachers and educators.
- Edited and produced content for edweek.org and built pages for our digital products, including the creation of an online bookstore and e-commerce site.
- Monitored site traffic and benchmark digital product performance using Adobe SiteCatalyst and Google Analytics.
- Developed marketing strategies for audiences interested in Education Week‘s digital content. Campaign strategies include lead generation, list segmentation and suppression, A/B testing, and social media marketing.
Capital News Service
College Park, Md.
- Covered the K-12 education beat at Capital News Service, a Maryland state newswire service; story pick-up: The Baltimore Sun, Annapolis Capital, Patch.com and WTOP.
- Edited and produced content for CNSMaryland.org, continuously updated site with content.
- Produced interactive graphics, videos, and audio segments for the Web.
- Integrated computer-assisted reporting techniques in daily reporting.
- Integrated the use of social media platforms, including Facebook, Scribble Live, Storify, Twitter, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Worked as part of an account team for the firm’s clients of record, including Airbus North America, The Salvation Army, and Midwest ISO.
- Created, edited, and pitched press releases to national news organizations.
- Produced content on public policy issues for published reports.
- Researched and compiled daily media monitoring reports for clients.
- Assisted Xenophon’s crisis communications practice, providing strategic planning and management during:
- Earthquake in Haiti (client: The Salvation Army)
- Crash of US Airways Flight 1549 into the Hudson River (client: Airbus North America)
- 2006 Thwarted British-U.S. Terror Attack (client: Air Transport Association)
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES:
- Board member, Fordham University Washington D.C. Alumni Club
- Board member, The Perry Center, Inc., and chair of the Young Leadership Council
- Board member, The Society of Professional Journalists, D.C. Pro Chapter
- The Gene Roberts Award, University of Maryland to attend the Online News Association’s Conference in Boston, 2011
- Staff writer for The Ram, Fordham’s student newspaper of record, 2006-2008
- On-air reporter at WFUV, 90.7 FM, 2006-2008
- Study abroad, University of Deusto, Bilbao, Spain, 2007
- Alpha Sigma Nu member, the honor society of Jesuit colleges and universities
© 2019 / Wheaton Wonder Media, LLC